Introduction

 Hello world,


I decided to create a blog out of sheer selfish desire for legacy. I want my thoughts and feelings to be out there, somewhere, beyond me and my time. If the only person who reads this is our future AI overlord, so be it. Hopefully it (you?) will think about what I thought. 

My full name is Asher Immanuel Harris. I'm currently 22, I graduated from Newcastle University where I studied Politics a couple months ago and now I'm working a boring ass job coding data for a legal ranking firm. I'm living at home (and, I'm very privileged and proud to say, it is a lovely home), paying "rent" into a savings account and I aspire to be a lawyer. Life could definitely be worse. 

I'm feeling a little lost, as I'm sure many recent graduates do. Moving back home and giving up such independence I had taken for granted was tough. I have a career path in mind and I'm taking active steps towards it, but I can't help but view this current phase of my life as rather transitionary, like I'm waiting for the main event. Then again, maybe that never ends. 

I have lots of thoughts. I'm overwhelmed by them sometimes. I think constantly, going in loops. I don't think I've been bored with my own presence for a very long time. I just think. About anything. 

Hence the blog - somewhere to put them. 

I hope you enjoy my little pseudo philosophical ramblings. 


My warmest of welcomes,

Asher




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on individualism, the distance of family and the challenged state of social democracy

Falling out and in love with the club